To celebrate the day of love, Laima opened its first pop-up shop in Latvia on 13 February at the Galerija Centrs shopping mall from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., offering an assortment that included deliciously airy Laima zephyr “Maigums”. Visitors to the stand, designed by Baiba Prindule-Rence, were greeted by stand-in shopkeeper Nauris Brikmanis.
“This year, the most popular brand in Latvia celebrates 150 years of love and sweetness. Laima brings love to people in the form of delicious sweets created by its confectionery masters and the brand’s unique recipes. Laima believes in love. That’s why we opened the Promise shop – to encourage people to think about Valentine’s Day, romance and showing loved ones how much they care,” says Lineta Mikša, communication director of Orkla Latvija.
The 14 most popular promises made in the pop-up shop in honour of Valentine’s Day involved: taking a loved one to the cinema, serving a delicious breakfast in bed, bringing home flowers more often, playing a favourite board game with children, reading a bedtime story or singing a lullaby to children, offering flowers and a heartfelt “thank you” to one’s parents, taking a loved one to dinner at a favourite restaurant, cooking pancakes for the kids, taking a loved one to the theatre, taking a family trip, taking a bicycle ride with a loved one, inviting a friend to a party, taking a friend to a master class or creative studio, and inviting a friend out for coffee.
Despite only being open a few hours, the pop-up shop brought joy to 400 visitors, each of whom made special promises to delight their loved ones. Here are some quotes from some of those visitors:
- “It’s so beautiful that there’s still something heartfelt and cool in today’s commercialised holidays that can’t be bought with money. Love is one of them.” (Dina)
- “Those tiny promises are more valuable than a huge one that can be postponed and postponed. Thanks, Laima – excellent campaign.” (Jolanta)
- “I’ve never experienced anything like this before. It was a unique surprise.” (Simona)
- “This is a great campaign. It is timely! Thanks to the brand, I won’t have a headache tomorrow looking for a gift for my loved one.” (Ojārs)
- “I’m willing to do anything to make my wife happy. And getting a box of zephyr in exchange for a promise to take her to the theatre – why not?!” (Aleksandrs)
Laima brand wishes you a sweet Festivity of Love! Let us help you surprise your loved ones!
The history of Laima is a love story as the company has always helped to create joyful and important moments for Latvians. In honour of the country’s 150th anniversary, Laima is proud to continue these traditions of love and caring for others. More than 200 different chocolates are currently offered as part of the Laima assortment. Development on new sweets is ongoing, and a new production plant in Ādaži will open in the second half of 2020.